Classic French MusselsWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mussels, wine, cream, butter, and parsley and season well with salt. Give it a good stir, cover the pot, and cook until mussels open and are cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the mussels and the juices between 2 bowls and serve with the crusty bread.
Serves 2 / Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com