Michael Symon’s Shrimp with Corn and BasilWine Pairings: Chardonnay
- 1 pound Shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for finish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Crushed Red Chile Flake (to taste)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 Ears Corn
- 1/2 bunch Basil
- 1 Pint Sweet 100 Tomatoes (halved) or fresh tomatoes from your garden
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt, and pepper.
Add the olive oil to skillet, once hot, add the shrimp. Sear on both sides. Add the onion, garlic and chili flakes to taste. Add a pinch of salt, and cook until softened.
Add the corn and tomatoes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add lime zest and juice and a splash of water, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and add basil, butter and a last drizzle of olive oil to finish. Transfer to plate and serve.
Serves 4 / Recipe from [abc.go.com]( http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/shrimp-corn-basil-michael-symon)