We've also tried this with La Puerta Torrontes - Original Wine of the Month Club, August 2011
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchini’s (or yellow squash)
- 1 large vidalia or yellow onion
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (or 2-3 fresh tomatoes, chopped fine)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Fresh herbs, chopped:
- A handful of each is good to start. You can always add more to taste!
- Using a Mandolin Slicer, slice zucchini and onion. (If you don’t have a Mandolin, just slice thin.) In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add zucchini and onions. Stir and cook for a few minutes (it might seem there will not be any room to add anything to the pan, but the zucchini will start to cook down.)
- Add tomatoes, chopped herbs and salt an pepper to taste. Cover.
- Stir occasionally to make sure it’s not sticking to the bottom of skillet, and to make sure zucchini is cooking evenly. Cook until zucchini is cooked down and transparent, about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. You can add more tomatoes depending on how much zucchini you have. Top with parmesan cheese.
Recipe from Emily Law