Chivito: Uruguayan Steak SandwichWine Pairings: Malbec
- 1/2 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced London broil (or nicer cut, if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 telera roll (or bread/roll of your choice)
- 2 ounces ham, sliced
- 1 hard boil egg, sliced
- red onion, thinly sliced
- tomatoes, thinly sliced
- iceberg, shredded
In a small bowl, combine chile powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
Rub mixture over beef and season wit salt and pepper. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and add oil. Grill beef on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
To assemble sandwich: Slice roll in half and toast (if desired). Spread a layer of mayonnaise onto the roll and top remaining ingredients (layering as you wish). Serve.
Serves 1 / Recipe from www.spoonforkbacon.com