Spanish SteakWine Pairings: Tempranillo
- 4 12oz Rib-eye or New York Strip steaks
Spanish Spice Rub:
- 3 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Whisk all of the above ingredients in a bowl.
Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce:
- 2 red bell peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and choppd (or 6 piquillo peppers, chopped)
- 1/2 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. If the mixture is too thick to pour, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Brush four 12-ounce boneless rib-eyes or strip steaks with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and rub with Spanish Spice Rub on one side.
- Grill rub-side down over high heat, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and grill 5 to 6 more minutes (for medium-rare).
- Serve with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce.
Serves 4-6 / Recipe Bobby Flay, www.foodnetwork.com