Cabernet-Braised Short RibsWine Pairings: Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 lbs short ribs, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced 1 inch
- 1 cup carrot, sliced 1 inch
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs ( 6 inches each)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Add ribs to pan; cook for 8 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan. Add beef broth to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine broth, wine and tomato paste in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Place ribs, celery, carrot, garlic, rosemary, and onion in a 9x13-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Pour broth mixture over rib mixture. Cover with foil; bake at 300 degrees for 3 1/2 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- Uncover dish; strain broth mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid. Reserve ribs, discard remining solids. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour reserved mixture into bag. Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain liquid into a small saucepan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat.
- Add flour to pan, stirring well with a whisk. Place pan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Serve sauce with ribs and noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Serves 6 / Recipe from www.myrecipes.com