Pepper-Crusted Steaks with Worcestershire-Glazed PortobellosWine Pairings: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- 4 (14 to 16 ounce) New York strip steaks (each about 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, cracked with mallet
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Sprinkle steaks with cracked peppercorns and coarse salt. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Stir in mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from heat.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plates.
- Top each steak with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Grill mushrooms until soft and beginning to release juices, about 3 minutes per side. Divide mushrooms among steaks and serve.
Recipe from www.epicurious.com