Chicken Pesto PizzaWine Pairings: Syrah/Shiraz
- 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 inch baked pizza crust
- 4 oz. black olives
- Italian dressing
- 6 oz. prepared pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded milk cheddar cheese
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for one hour. Drain: discard marinade.
- Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes per side until juices run clear. (Do not overcook chicken on the grill since the chicken will be cooked for a few more minutes on the pizza). Slice chicken thinly.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spread pizza crust with pesto to cover. Sprinkle black olives over pizza. Sprinkle chicken slices on pizza. Cover pizza with shredded cheddar cheese (more or less may be added as preferred).
- Bake pizza in oven on pizza stone for 10-12 minutes, just until cheese has melted over toppings.
Makes 4 servings