Tri-Tip Steak with Shitake Mushrooms and Tipsy Onion and Garlic JamWine Pairings: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz. shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thin
- 1/3 c. Emily G’s Tipsy Onion and Garlic Jam (available at TWM)
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 lb. tri-tip steak
- In a slow cooker, add the ingredients starting with the shallots and finishing with the roast. Cook on low for about 3 hours for rare and 4 hours for medium.
- Remove tri-tip and set aside. Pour remaining ingredients in the slow cooker into a medium saucepan. Simmer the mushroom sauce for 15 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Remove and slice tri-tip into thin pieces. Pour about 1/4 c. of the mushroom sauce over the slices and serve. Pass the leftover sauce around the table.
Serves 4 / Recipe www.emilygsjams.blogspot.com