Tapas Sliders with Pasilla Chili AioliWine Pairings: Tempranillo
- 1-1/4 lb ground chuck
- 4 oz thinly sliced semi soft cheese like Manchego
- Salt and pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced into 1/8” rounds
- 12 dinner size potato rolls
- 1 large dried pasilla chili, rehydrated
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine chili pepper, cilantro, garlic, juice and mayonnaise in a blender. Process aioli until combined, set aside.
- Divide meat into 12 equal rounds. Season the patties with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle over medium high heat. Cook a few patties at a time until they are browned on both sides. Melt a slice of cheese on top of each slider. Drain off fat as needed.
- Fill each roll with a dollop of Pasilla Aioli, tomato and a patty. Serve warm.
Serves 6-8 small plates / Recipe from www.tapenawines.com