Quinoa-Pork MeatballsWine Pairings: Syrah/Shiraz
- 1/3 cup white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 3 basil sprigs
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the quinoa until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet in an even layer and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa, pork, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well and form into 12 meatballs.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Add the meatballs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the marinara sauce and basil and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the meatballs are cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes longer.
Serves 6-8 | Recipe www.foodandwine.com