Pepper Steak with Roasted Red Pepper PestoWine Pairings: Spanish Red
- 1 beef sirloin steak, 1 1/2 inches thick (1 1/2 lb)
- 3 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container (7 oz) refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with pepper and salt; brush with oil. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add steak; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until of desired doneness. Remove steak from pan to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix pesto, roasted peppers and lemon juice. Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with red pepper pesto.
Serves 4 | Recipe www.bettycrocker.com