Saffron FarfalleWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 1 pound Farfalle pasta
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 3 ounces heavy cream (or half and half) at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons saffron threads, dissolved in the veal stock
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons veal stock
- 1-1/2 tablespoons salt, freshly ground black pepper and freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Cook farfalle according to the instructions on the box.
- Drain pasta and place in a warmed serving bowl.
- Add butter, cream, saffron, veal stock and truffle oil.
- Toss and cover for 1 minute to let rest.
- Serve in warm pasta dishes and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.
Serves 4-6 / Recipe from www.terlatovineyards.com