- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched (see note)
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the salt, rosemary, and garlic until theyre as finely minced as possible. Add the mustard and balsamic vinegar and process for 1 minute.
- Place the lamb in a roasting or sheet pan with the ribs curving down, and coat the tops with the mustard mixture. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast the lamb for exactly 20 minutes for rare or 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then cut into individual ribs and serve.
**Note: Frenching refers to scraping the meat off the tips of the bones. Ask your butcher to leave 1/8 inch of fat on the meat.