Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and PeasWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup frozen baby peas (not thawed)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 cups packed baby spinach (3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound dried gnocchi (preferably De Cecco)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Simmer peas with cream, red-pepper flakes, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 12-inch heavy skillet, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, stirring, until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain gnocchi
- Add gnocchi to sauce with cheese and some of reserved cooking water and stir to coat. Thin with additional cooking water if necessary.