Lemon Tree ChickenWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Rub chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Heat margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and brown about 1 minute on each side. Remove to plate.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice and wine to skillet; bring to boil, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Return chicken breasts to skillet and simmer 5-10 minutes. Stir cream into wine mixture, cook 1 minute. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until browned.
Serves 4 / Recipe from www.cooks.com