Thai Shrimp CurryWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 8 small)
- 1 14oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tsp sugar
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Heat peanut oil in wok or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion: stir-fry until soft and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add green onions and curry paste: stir until fragrant, about a minute. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce and sugar: bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and boil 2 minutes. Add shriimp and cook just until opaque in center, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer curry to large shallow bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Serve, passing lime wedges separately.
Recipe from Bon Appetit, February 2004