Garlic Roasted Mushrooms with PastaWine Pairings: Rhone Blend Red
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted mushrooms, (such as shiitake, cremini, or, porcini), cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil, or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound dried farfalle, or other favorite pasta
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. In a large bowl, toss together the cleaned, sliced mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, oregano, and basil.
- Pour the mushrooms into a large baking dish or rimmed cookie sheet, and spread them into a single layer.
- Place the mushrooms into the preheated oven, and roast, stirring periodically, until the mushrooms release their juices, shrink, and begin to caramelize, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the mushrooms, and pour any olive oil, herbs, and garlic remaining in the baking dish over the pasta as well. Toss together and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe from herbsspices.about.com