- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 loin lamb chops
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mustard, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, Tabasco and black pepper. With a small whisk, incorporate the olive oil, drop by drop, until you have a smooth emulsified sauce with a consistency similar to mayonnaise.
- Generously coat both sides of the lamb chops with the mustard mixture and set aside, refrigerated, for at least ½ hour and up to 2 hours.
- Over a medium-hot grill, cook the lamb for about 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from grill and brush with a little more of the mustard sauce if desired, or pass the remaining sauce separately for those who like a little extra zip. For a more pourable sauce, thin by whisking in a little warm chicken stock.
- Accompany with grilled vegetables like summer squash, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant. This mustard sauce can also be used with chicken or pork.