Chicken FlorentineWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 10 oz. packages frozen chopped spinach
- 6 chicken breast halves (about 4 pounds), cooked, boned and shredded
- 2 (10 3/4 oz. cans) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- Remove the outer wrappers from the box of spinach. Open one end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the spinach and put into a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and wine.Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the spinach and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place the mixture into an 11x17" casserole dish or 2 (9 inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter.
- Wrap the uncooked casserole securely with plastic wrap, then with aluminum foil. Place each pan into a plastic freezer bag and seal. Place into freezer.
- Allow casserole to thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and foil. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Yield 6-8 servings
Serves 6-8 / Recipe from Paula Dean