Quinoa Salad with pears, baby spinach and chickpeasWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- Sea salt
- 2 good handfuls of organic baby spinach leaves, washed, drained
- 1 large ripe pear, washed, stemmed and cored, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chilled chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- A handful of pecans, pan toasted and salted to taste
- For the Maple Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine sieve. Place the quinoa in a saucepan or a rice cooker. Add 2 cups fresh water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa is tender- roughly 20 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and dump it into a large salad bowl. Add the baby spinach, pear, chick peas, and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
Whisk together the vinaigrette, pour it over the quinoa salad and toss gently to coat.
Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
Just before serving, add the toasted pecans and lightly combine.
Serves 4 main course, 6 side dish / Recipe from www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com