- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1t. ground dry sage)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- Parmesan cheese (Garnish)
Poke the whole squash with a few pricks and microwave on high for 10 mins. or until soft. Cut it in half, scoop out seeds.
Add oil, garlic and onion to large stockpot over medium heat.
Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add sage, salt, pepper, broth and squash. Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until squash has a tender consistency).
Use stick blender to lightly puree, leaving some chunks, or puree half of the soup in a food processor or blender and return to pot.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and more fresh sage (if desired).
Serves 6 / Recipe from www.geniuskitchen.com