Halibut PiccataWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a small frying pan coated with cooking spray, stir-fry garlic over medium-high heat until limp, about 2 minutes. Add wine, lemon juice and capers. Boil, uncovered, over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, 3 to 4 minutes; keep sauce warm.
- Rub fish with oil, sprinkle with pepper and arrange in a single layer in a 12 by 17 broiler pan. Broil about 3 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn fish over, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until opaque but still moist looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to serving platter or individual plates and pour sauce over fish.
- Serves 4
Recipe from the HYDE PARK FISH MARKET