- 2 cups Quinoa
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup scallions (green onions)white and green part, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves or 1 tablespoons dried mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp basil, minced
- Lemon juice, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil, approximately
- ¼ cup green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and deveined, chopped
- Rinse quinoa under running water, until water comes clear. Drain and add to boiling water. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until soft. Drain and cool.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, parsley, green onion, mint leaves, garlic, and basil in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice and chill for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Lightly oil a medium size bowl. Place quinoa mixture and press gently. Invert onto a serving dish and garnish with sliced olives and chopped pepper.
Combine all ingredients except chopped tomatoes. Place half of mixture in the bowl and cover with chopped tomatoes. Cover with remaining mixture and press slightly.
- Garnish with sliced olives and chopped tomatoes.