Acorn Squash Filled with Savory SpinachWine Pairings: Chardonnay
- 2 sm acorn squash
- 1 tbl Olive Oil
- 1/2 x 10 Oz -package frozen chopped spinach - thawed and drained
- 4 oz ricotta cheese fat free
- 1/2 tbl Parmesan cheese -- grated
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cut squash crosswise in half. Scoop out seeds and fibers; discard. Brush insides and outsides of squash halves with olive oil.
- Place in large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
In medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Spoon equal amounts of spinach mixture into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve chops with juice from pan.
Serves 4 / Recipe from http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=170593